1. ASTM. (2004). Standard Test Method for Evaluation of Durability of Rock for Erosion Control under Freezing & Thawing Conditions (D5312). Annual Book of ASTM Standards, Vol. 04. 08, 894 - 998.
2. ASTM. (2004). Standard Test Method for Evaluation of Durability of Rock for Erosion Control under Wetting & Drying Conditions (D5313). Annual Book of ASTM Standards, Vol. 04. 08, 890 - 893.
3. ASTM. (2004). Standard Test Method for Measurement Rate of Absorption of Water by Hydraulic-Cement Concretes (D 1585). Annual Book of ASTM Standards, Vol. 04. 08, 948-955.
4. ASTM. (2004). Standard Test Method for Slake Durability of Shales and Similar Weak Rocks (D 4644). Annual Book of ASTM Stand ards, Vol. 04. 08.
5. ASTM. (2009). Standard Guide for Petrographic Examination of Dimension Stone (C 1721). Book of Standards, Volume: 04. 07.
6. Anon. (1979). Classification of rocks and soils for engineering geological mapping, part. 1 Rocks and soils material. Bulletin International Association Engineering Geology, No. 19, 71-364. [DOI
7. Branney, M. J. Kokelaar, B. P. (2002). Pyroclastic Density Currents and the Sedimentation of Ignimbrites. London, Geological Society of London.
8. Chen, T. C. Yeung, M. R & Mori, N. (2004). Effect of water saturation on deterioration of welded tuff due to freeze-thaw action. Cold Regions Science and Technology, 38 (2), 127-136. [DOI
9. Doehne, E & Price, C. A. (2010). Stone conservation: an overview of current research. Getty Publications.
10. Dreesen, R. & Dusar, M. (2004). Historical building stones in the province of Limburg (NE Belgium): role of petrography in provenance and durability assessment. Materials Characterization, 56, 273-287 [DOI
11. Emberger, L. (1930). La vegetation de la region mediterraneenne, Essai d’une classification des groupments vegetaux. Rev. Gen. Bot. 42: 641- 662, 705-721.
12. Fisher, R. V. (1966). Mechanism of deposition from Pyroclastic flows. Amer. J. Sci. 264, 350-363. [DOI
13. Fookes, P. G. Gourley, C. S & Ihikere, C. (1982). Rock Weathering in engineering time. Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology, Vol. 21, 33-57. [DOI
14. Franklin, J. A. & Chandra, R. (1972). The slake durability index, Int. J. Rock. Mech. Min. Sci, 9, 325-342. [DOI
15. Garcia-Vallés, M, Topal, T. Vendrell-Saz, M. (2003). Lichenic growth as a factor in the physical deterioration or protection of Cappadocian monuments. Environmental Geology 43, 776-781. [DOI
16. Google Earth., (2013). “Kandovan,” 609968. 47 m E and 4183852. 93 m N. Google Earth. January 9, 2013. January 18, 2014
17. International Society for Rock Mechanics. (1979). Suggested Methods for Determining Water Content, Porosity, Absorption and related properties and swelling and slake-durability. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 36, 139-153.
18. Jerram, D. A. (2001). Visual comparators for degree of grain-size sorting in two and three-dimension. Computers and Geosciences, 27, 485 - 489. [DOI
19. Johnson, R. B & Degraff, J. V. (1988). Principles of Engineering Geology, John Wiley and Sons, USA, 497 Pp.
20. Oliver, R. L. (1954). Welded tuffs in the Borrowdale Volcanic Series, English Lake District, with a note on similar rocks in Wales. Geological Magazine, 91: 473 - 83. [DOI
21. Pettijohn, F. J. (1975). Sedimentry Rocks, Harper & Row. New York.
22. Rodriguez, J. D. (2007). Conservation of stone monuments. from diagnostic to practice. Minbar Al Ja-miaa n 7, Actes de la RIPAM (2005), Meknès, Maroc, pp. 287-295.
23. Ross, K., Hart, D., & Butlin, R. N. (1991). Durability tests for natural building stone. In Durability of building materials and components. Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference held in Brighton, UK, 7-9 November 1990 (pp. 97-111). Chapman and Hall Ltd.; E. &FN Spon Ltd.
24. TS699. (1987). Tabii Yapi Tas lari - Muayene ve Deney metodlari, (Methods of testing for natural building stones) Turk Standartları Enstitusu, Ankara (in Turkish).
25. Topal, T. & Doyuran, V. (1998). Analyses of deterioration of the Cappadocian tuff, Turkey. Environmental Geology, 34 (1), 5-20. [DOI
26. Verges-Belmin, V., ed. (2008). Illustrated Glossary on Stone Deterioration Patterns. English-French ed. Paris: ICOMOS & ISCS (International Scien-tific Committee for Stone).
27. Winkler, E. M. (1994). Stone in Architecture: Properties, Durability. 3rd ed. Berlin and NY: Springer-Verlag.